Thread: MobileRead May 2014 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The Cuckoo's Calling is a standalone novel, so I disagree. The themes in the book about privacy and celebrity should provide fodder for interesting discussion, not to mention the author and secrecy surrounding the publishing of the book.

I've read them and didn't think so, but I'm sure you can judge for yourself.
Everyone's so serious.

I agree that the Cuckoo's Calling can be read as stand alone, but since there is a second book, and it hasn't been published yet, how do you know that it really is stand alone.

And do we really need another discussion about celebrities. And who want's to have a discussion, I'm just looking for a good read.

As far as "secrecy", it has been discussed to death. You can read read the previous discussions and judge for yourself.

In case anyone missed it, my previous post was firmly tongue-in-cheek.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote