View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
e.book looks to me more like a brand name than a generic category name. ereader could have been (may again be) a good descriptive word for a device that allows one to read electronic books and I use it only to reference a specific format of ebooks that was once called read on Palm devices when an ancestor of the current format was called Palm Doc.

I think ebook will emerge as the winner because it is the cleanest form of the term. Like the "e-mail", e/mail", "email", "e.mail", "eMail", etc battle of some years ago, I expect the other forms will just quietly die away and be forgotten. English is a dynamic language where the users determine what words will survive and which words will simply wither and die.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote