Thread: PDF annotation
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
both Pocketbook 90X and Onyx M90 have the capability - but with Pocketbook the firmware is lagging behind (though there is a half promise of an improved FW in a couple of weeks, and it may indeed be the case as both Onyx and PB will hit the US market in a couple of weeks, so if the M90 is already functional and PB does not want to be trunced, they will have to deliver). In any case, if I were you I would wait until you have actually seen the note taking in action before your purchase.
One large screen device is the Asus DR900, but annotation seems wanting there, adn again unsatisfactory firmware from what I gather - you may find this thread (starting from this post) useful.
I am hoping sooner or later we'll get a port of Xournal to the pocketbook...

Good luck with your search!

Last edited by paola; 04-23-2011 at 03:10 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote