View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #25
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Is you follow the Maemo community you see that now the first community SSU (firmware upgrade) for Maemo 4 devices (based on Diablo, N8x0) is available.
I guess it's almost as much open as it can be, right ?
Since 770 is small footprint device, I had to add command line
utilities. No reason to cry, cause I use the same ones on the
desktop. To cross-compile, there was a fine tutorial how to
install delevoping libs. Nokia makes a profit and tends to trim off
hobbyist projects. Only those that might result in graphical app
to work on tablet/phone.

Quote:
Also, Nokia 770, N8x0 and N900 are all steps that Nokia took in the open source world to learn and see where it can focus its effort in order to differentiate itself among the competition WHILE supporting the open source community.
A lot of stuff on their modern phones are from maemo community.
They cannot praise it enough. My complaint was they closed all threads
for older devices. They also did not want to play with firewall on the
tablet, aside denying it already existed. Of course it was there, but
they used it to set online/offline mode. Firewall needs modules to filter,
that was the point.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote