Thread: best device?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #81
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I've been looking at the Nexus 10 myself, but I don't know anyone who owns one. I'd expect it to be an excellent choice, but the proof is always in the physical device.

I believe the N10's ppi is actually higher than that of the latest iPads.

And refurbished iPad 3s are now much cheaper since the introduction of the iPad 4 with a faster processor and a typically arbitrary dock change. Perhaps not reason enough to buy one if you're already put off, but at least a viable alternative.

Meanwhile, I'll probably be going with the Galaxy Note II, partly because I like micro SD slots and removable batteries.

But if a later iteration of the Nexus 10 brings the price down in a year, I'll probably buy this year's model as well.

For me, the screens of the Nexus 10 and iPad iterations 3-4 will trump additional perks until every reasonably high-end device on the market has at least the same ppi.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 12-01-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote