Thread: MobileRead October 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #32
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Interesting. Unfortunately, unless I'm missed something (which is always a possibility), there's no way to limit the searches to only ebooks. Barnes & Noble, from the example below, seem to have the book in only in paperback and hardcover. Smashwords and Amazon aren't mentioned at all.
When I click on "Get Books" in the Calibre toolbar, I get a drop down menu which gives the following choices:

Search for ebooks
Search for this author
Search for this title
Search for this book

Below that is another choice: "Stores" and "Choose stores".

I always use "Search for ebooks" which also provides DRM information.

A problem that can occur is that not only the title of the requested ebook will be given but also similar titles of different books. Maybe this could be solved by putting the title in Quotation marks, but I usually just wade through the given choices.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote