View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #28
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Reasons to email to Kindle (or "send to kindle"):

1) backup copy in Cloud in case Calibre database and backup go screwy
2) I want to read it on my kindle NOW and I'm on wifi but not at the same location as my Calibre computer (I'm lazy. Sometimes I just don't want to go upstairs and get the cord to sync to Calibre )
3) syncing across devices (only useful if you use more than one device; I do sometimes)

I don't really care so much about book covers or "seen as personal doc" because neither affect the reading experience on the device.
1. I have backups on two external drive as well as available on my dropbox.
2. Dropbox covers this also.
3. This would be the only reason I would find as a benefit, but the fact it shows in documents instead of books makes it lose the benefit of it.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote