View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll nominate Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold.

This is not your typical romance. In fact, it has a lot going for those that aren't too fond of romance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
And it looks more interesting to me, at least. I was disappointed in last year's choice, Tender is the Night, which I gave up half way through as I just didn't care about anyone in it (I think it was this club's choice?).

So well done on looking for something different, though I suspect it is a back-door way of getting something Sci-Fi selected .
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
I'd like to second Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick and Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold. I don't know this books yet, and I'd like to change that.
I too had trouble geting into Tender is the Night.

The Vorkosigan Saga (Shards of Honor is the 1st book in the series) comes highly recommended by many. It has been on my TBR for quite a while, and this would be as good an escuse as any to get started on it.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote