View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #97
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@meme/Oldpilot - Oldpilot reported issues with the 905 beta as well and sent me an ePub at the time that worked perfectly fine for me. I am inclined to believe it is some other software/Qt conflict on their machine of some kind, particularly since they claimed continuous crashes with new epubs etc.
As Mr Churchill said to Lady Astor: "Grammarians will attest that Man embraces Woman, unless otherwise stated in the text.”

Oldpilot has too many books to compile to take time out to play with HIS other computer at this time. HE was only commending the Beta-Beta version for being less unstable than the earlier one. HE is perfectly willing to concede that the crashes are entirely HIS fault.

Anyhow, Sigil 5.3 seems a very useful bit of machinery. I hope you will not do away with it.

(I particularly enjoyed the full-page advertisement in the Wall Street Journal showing a female human being using a computer. The text said something to the effect that "THIS PERSON is using THEIR computer to" do thus and so.)