Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #1208
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
After upgrading to f/w 2.1.1, I was happy to notice (among many other improvements) that the clock has appeared again on the task bar at the top of the screen after a single (centre) tap.

The time dsiplay however changes to "percentage read" indication after about 2 seconds. Although its a useful thing to know, the progress bar at the bottom of the screen also serves a similar function, though not in terms of exact percentages.

I've also noticed that after using the "search" function, the percentage indication is replaced by the title of the book currently displayed. Once again, useful to have if I forget what the book was called... It does happen once in a while but not too frequently... yet.

Does anyone know of any way (or a hack) to control the info displayed or its cycling behaviour? It's probably not too much of an issue for the majority but I don't normally wear/carry a timepiece and KT is my primary timekeeper when I'm on the beach.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote