View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Wow, that would be troubling to see something like that, indeed. I googled "google software update.app take control of mac" and this is one link that came up:

http://superuser.com/questions/65701...-computer-what

I only own mobile Apple products, so I can't really speak to anything concerning Mac's specifically. My opinion, though...that any program or app would require 'control' of a computer in order to check for or install updates is disturbing, to say the least.
Nothing disturbing, really. Apple simply improved security with OSX Mavericks. Applications and scripts need your explicit authorization more often before performing system tasks. For apps such as Google Chrome, which auto-updates silently, it's no big deal that it would ask for your authorization before being able to perform updates by itself.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote