View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #252
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Don't typically care that much for short stories and novellas and such I do not feel that an author can do justice to a tale in that small a number of pages. An author needs to take his/her time to develop the story line and the characters. Personal opinion only.
Depends on the story. Arthur C. Clarke was an absolute master of the ultra-short story, with a couple of his most memorable being only one or two pages.

Don't get me wrong; I like big books, too - Stephen King's It is one of my favorites, and clocks in at 1138 pages as originally printed. But that's a five-course banquet, and sometimes all you want is a gumdrop...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote