View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dybbuk View Post
I don't. I was just trying to make clear that I don't want to erase the style and formatting tags inside paragraphs.
But you do want to erase the style and formatting tags outside of the <p></p> tags.

For example, a div can be used to give a bit of a top margin. Take that away and you lose that. You have to know what it is you are removing before removing it. There are blockquotes you do not want to remove. There are divs that are used to simulate blockquotes (stupid coding, but that's how they do it in India these days) that you do not want to remove.

Look at the code before you delete it. See what it is that you are deleting. Then you can decide if it's OK to delete. For example, I've seen divs that have no purpose other then to be an ID that is not actually used anyplace. Those can go. Then there are divs to help deal with chapter titles that can go because you can do it all in something like an h2 as long as h2 is defined properly in the CSS.

Now, a lot of chapter titles are defined using h1 or h2 and if you remove all but <p></p> then you would lose all the chapter titles if they use h1 or h2.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote