View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrioth View Post
This would indeed work, but would involve writing some interface code to make it nice. Doing something in Python with pysqlite would probably be quite good, and it appears Calibre uses Python for its plugin interface too.
Found pysqlite port for bsd. I'm more confident for perl version, but
see none. I assume regexp should search for the whole input of the
book and pipe it as the output.

Quote:
The database seems to store the current position by the paragraph and word (fields are 'ParagraphBookmarked' and 'BookmarkWordOffset'), presumably to account for the font resizing, which presents a bit of a challenge.
You made your homework! Who said that sqlite implementation in the
next version should not be remade from the scratch?
Since the reader shows page numbers, I'm sure it could follow it and
put bookmark/pointer to it. Probably one function to both do that and
be called from "menu" to find the page in question.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote