View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Faccone View Post
I will be crossing this bridge soon. Having posted recently about blurbs, their construction has been on my mind. I suggest you try to thread the needle a bit. Make it as compelling as you can with details that cut it close, but do not completely blow away the ending of book 1.

For example, if I was making the blurb for "The Empire Strikes Back," I would not start it with:
"After the rebels blew up the Death Star..."
I might be more inclined to try something like:
"After an initial victory against the Empire..."
Yes, something like this is what is needed I think ... the other possibility I was thinking was something like those blurbs that are essentially like a quote from the book. Chosen carefully those can be very effective at giving a feel for a book without giving much away.

If you can get editors to help with book content and cover designers to help with the front ... what sort of third party help exists to assist with blurbs? Anyone?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote