Thread: eBookCleaner
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Thumbs up Great idea

I too have considered converting my (freeware) stand-alone program, GuteBook, into a calibre Plugin, though I lack Python programming skills AND any knowledge of the calibre API!!! ( )

My GuteBook program extensively uses calibre commandline utilities, but as a Plugin it would escape it's DOS roots, be "embedded" within the calibre GUI and thereby allow easier integration with my GUI and functionality.

However, a GuteBook plugin would not tweak/operate on existing ebooks, but rather would retrieve and create ebooks from Project Gutenberg "on the fly" after applying many "clean-ups" and fixes as your eBookCleaner would do.

So, if you ever get this Plugin working, I may be knocking at your door to augment it for a GuteBook Plugin...

I too look forward to seeing this Plugin to written!

Good luck!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote