View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by apos View Post
...Short question: is this version binary compatible? It seams to be, because a log-file is created, so the daemon seams to be running:
Code:
/mnt/ext1/applications/pb_sshd/usr/sbin/sshd: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by /mnt/ext1/applications/pb_sshd/usr/sbin/sshd)
Any clues?

THX in advance
Axel
Try editing sshd_start.app (it's a shell script) and replace "-q" with "-d" in the sshd command. You should get much more information in the log file as to why the login failed. Note that this puts sshd into debug mode, which means it runs only once per session and isn't backgrounded.

As to whether the files are binary compatible, I don't know but I hope so. It's strange that poterm won't work for you either. Did you get a recent version? Check out the rsh application for getting shell access if this doesn't work. It doesn't require anything but a shell script, and should work as long as nc is available on the 912. Look in the sticky section of the forum for paola's collection of links for the Pro series of devices.

I hope you can get this going. I've been doing some development recently for my 902, and scp has been so much better than using the USB cable for uploading new app versions and test books.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote