View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'
EditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toys

Device: none
Formatting fonts in Sigil

I seem to be only able to use the Sigil default font--a non-serif that looks like Arial. The Book Browser shows a Font folder, but I have yet to figure out how to add a usable font to it. Because Windows Vista will not let me access the Fonts Folder (even though everyone who uses this computer has permissions), I downloaded some new fonts that I did not add to the System Fonts folder. Adding them to the Book Browser fonts folder has done nothing. Nothing in the Sigil menu changes when fonts are added to the folder, so HOW do you tell Sigil to reformat any text into the selected font family in the folder????

Is it necessary then, to only upload documents to Sigil that have fonts embedded in them? I've tried that, but Sigil always changes them to unformatted text . . . That includes uploading from Word and from InDesign.

With Sigil, are we limited to their default formatting options? No possibility to provide headings and chapter titles in an alternate font size and style?
EditorOne is offline   Reply With Quote