View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #299
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I don't think anybody who wants a tablet is expecting 2 days or more. I think most are more than happy with an 8 hour life span.
Actually I for one would be far from happy with only 8hrs...with new batteries for my 17" laptop I get between 10-14hrs of working time and that is using wireless but on low power Tx and the backlight turned down a fair amount but still readable w/o eye strain from being too dim...then again a full set of batteries for this beastie cost around $350-$400. Still, for the first time I might actually pop for new batteries rather than a new laptop as this thing has all the power I need and all I foresee needing for a number of years to come. My plan is to push many tasks like research, reading, email and even browsing for work and fun, onto a slate style device leaving the heavy lifting to the laptop. So, I do expect a minimum of 12-40hrs from a fully charged (set) of new batteries or battery...the low power yet powerful components exist to make those expectations reasonable today.

Yet at the same time I am not going to pay more for one of these tablet/slates than I can buy a new laptop for because to me a convertible laptop (not a netbook unless it's a 10" or larger and running Win7) which runs for 6-8hrs on a new battery is a better deal than a slate-type device of the same price even if it runs for 40hrs. I expect to pay proportionally less because of the more limited range of functions...I am only looking at my needs for business and not as some sort of just fun toy.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote