View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #278
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Sadly Android installation failed on my Kobo Aura HD, I'm unsure if it doesn't recognize the micro SD (the SD Reader is really bad build IMHO and it is probably defective) I have done pass 2 but the third seems to not install anything... in any case the backup doesn't start and the Kobo sometimes says that the SD is not formatted, other times does not see simply nothing

So I'm asking to you:
  1. How to see if the Kobo recognizes the SD with the original firmware
  2. My SD is a Sandisk of 8 GB, do I have to buy another? What do you have used?
  3. Kobo has closed the "hole" as Sony did and now it is impossible to install Android into this questionable quality device[1], too?

I add this the SD image after being installed onto the card was strange at least seeing it with "MiniTool Partition Wizard" I add this setup:

Code:
30 MB (empty)    | 6.5 GB (Android? Fat32) | 128 MB (Android System - Ext4) | 500 MB (Android - Ext4) | 1.0 GB (empty)
IMHO is the first 30 MB partition that gives problems sadly I have not found a working way to merge with the first one or "Minitool" does not works or it is a Windows 8 problem... in the end the best result I have obtained is an empty SD (destroyed partition table )
The Kobo firmware is 3.1.1, thanks for your help.

[1]An e-reader that cannot format books correctly is garbage IMHO
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote