View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #18
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentium View Post
Hi,
im a happy user of calibre: really great product!
Only worried about my growing library (>2000 ebooks) and so calibre on mac os x going slow when i ask something on the library (sorting or filtering or renaming). Could be a useful feature having more than one library (maybe selecting name and destination)?
Otherwise i will continue to swap file for library in order to make some quick conversion, when i dont want to wait minutes to calibre to open the big library.
Kovid has a Mac for development (courtesy of one of our MobileReaders). Perhaps you could burn a CD (or DVD) of your library and paper-mail it to him. Armed with that and with a detailed description of your performance issues, he'd probably be able to tune things up for you.

Note that Kovid's Mac is old and slow (partly because the donor was willing to give it up, and partly to encourage development choices that run well on old slow machines like what most of us have )

With only about 700 books in my library, calibre runs nice and quickly once it's opened. It's pretty slow to start up, though.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote