View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I had the T1 & it wasn't a mountain made of a mole hill. I had a problem with flipping pages, then freezing & having to do a reset....numerous times. I got no 20 seconds of screen freeze followed by a dialog box. And this was on more than one device.

And the complaining IS by people who have T1s. And the page flipping & freeze was just from reading a book (even the freebies put on by Sony). 40 minutes in & it would start. And I wasn't pressing hard. That kind of pressure would cause a normal pages forward.

That said I loved the T1 & will likely try again later. But I also pre-ordered a Kindle Touch weeks ago. I have Sony 350 & a Kindle3 right now. I prefer reading with a touch screen so it is my reader of choice.
I remember reading about yours, and I suspect you were the victim of a bad batch, or possibly your reading habits aggravate some possible bug in the software. I've never had a crash while reading a book, but I usually read about an hour or so and then take a break, putting the reader to sleep etc. And I generally use buttons, although as an experiment I've switched to swipe only for the past 2 weeks - and I've still haven't had a crash yet.

I'm curious though - how many books did you have on your reader, and did you let all the covers load? I find I have to, otherwise they load in the background eating up resources and bog the system down. It sounds like a memory leak to me, and maybe putting it to sleep every so often frees up the memory..so people like me don't notice the bug. I don't know, but I tend to sideload all the books manually, and then spend about an hour (or that's what it took last time I loaded 1,200 books on internal memory atleast) going page by page so all the covers can load.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote