View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #108
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Can you give any specifics on how epub is 'richer?' I've never read the two specs, but from what little I've read about them (wikipedia, yech), both mobi and epub seem to be based on the same Open EBook content format. I do see mention that mobi has a 64KB limit on images, and presumably epub can hold bigger ones, but other than that?

Here is the respose from O'Reilly:

"The ePub and Mobi formats are pretty similar, so either one of those should be fine. There isn't a reason that I'm aware of that one is better than the other."

ApK
That is true, but I believe epub supports reflowing and CSS, besides some other internal specifications; I don't remember right now, bunch of technical details, maybe is boring stuff to you .

In real practice, those differences are minimal and you will find same book on both formats, with same result. The fact is that 90% of the time, same book you see on B&N is also on Amazon as Kindle or azw format.

Keep in mind that not all people read technical books, so for pure text or novels any format will display basically the same.

Last edited by jocampo; 12-10-2010 at 04:00 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote