View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #641
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
It is actually a rather minor thing. I would suggest setting that issue aside and trying to actually enjoy the device. (Well, the widow/orphan bit isn't so minor. But the extra space that's left open for the toolbar is.)
Believe me I'm working on it , and I'm making more of it than I would since I'm in reviewer mode, not user mode (yet) so I'm trying to understand all of the devices quirks in a fairly short amount of time and most people who will read the review aren't people who are going to want to tweak their ePub's for the widows and orphans deal for instance.

I'm trying to get all the info I can in a short time so that it can be a balanced review. I haven't even mentioned the 'normal' bottom space in my review so far as I figure people reading can tell from the accompanying photos if it's a big deal for them or not. It's not as big a deal for me as it might seem as you'd probably only get one (maybe two if you really squeezed things) more lines of text on the screen, I started out just making sure it was 'normal' and not something specific to the ePub's I'm using and probably started over-thinking it. However a quirk that causes large amounts of excess empty space on the page are worth at least a passing mention.

From a user end. Is there a way to edit something on the Kobo to tell it widows 0 orphans 0 for all ePubs (so I don't have to tweak every book)?

Now another question. The main ePub I'm using has line spacing set in the CSS to 1.2 and it reads fine that way for me, but with the line spacing set in the CSS the Kobo's adjustment options don't do anything (up or down). Is this right? It won't override line spacing if something's set? I'm sure it's already been covered, but I can't find it and want to make sure I'm correct. Note, this isn't a complaint (if seem to have been doing that too much ), just me making sure I have things right.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote