View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #639
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I, too, am new to Kobo, but if I experience the same issue when I receive the Aura, I intend to start a thread about it in the Kobo forums or contribute to a preexisting one if it exists. I will also post to a generic complaint thread about issues with Kobo's firmware, again, if such a thread exists. Then I will contact Kobo's customer service by email and by phone and direct them to those threads, since at least one Kobo rep frequents this site.

I intend to be polite, not use all caps and not rail bitterly in Kobo's general direction. But if the issue truly compels me to consider returning the Aura and not buying a future Kobo product, then I'll say that, too -- as long as it's the truth and not an empty threat.

Whether I keep the Aura or not, it looks as though I'm going to have learn a lot more about CSS to do the screen justice.

If there are better ways to go about this, I hope veteran Kobo users will say so here.
Have you complained about this isssue to Sony as well?

My T1 and 300 have slightly over 1 cm. of 'wasted' space where they display the line number, and a slightly wider margin at the top.

I really didn't notice this for several years and I still can't say it offends me, although proportionately Sony may waste more space.

Not surprising I guess as many of my non-fiction paper backs are far more inconsistent in lines per page, and have far more wasted margin space, and I did not notice that either until this became such a uniquelly Kobo issue.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote