View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #633
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
From another thread...
Hi John! I agree with you and it is true (from several posts in the Kobo reader threads) that the Aura has substantially more text per page, however I believe that what Taming said in the Kobo reader impressions thread is that 8 (not 4) lines from the next page of the Glo were on the original page of the Aura. That's a major difference regardless of any white space left...

Edit: This is a calculation posted within the Kobo threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Hm. 8 more lines. (Assuming you mean 8 more Glo-length lines.) If I take my Kindle as an example, assuming the Kobo can display roughly the same amount of text, that would mean 8 x 48 = 384 extra characters. It now displays 29 x 48 = 1392 chars.

The Aura therefore displays 1.2759 times more (27.59% extra) characters than the Glo. This is fairly close to the maximum of 28.44%, which is the extra physical space the Aura has as compared to three Glo.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 04-27-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Comparison of number of characters per screen
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote