Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #33
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
But it rankles when charging a client, without having basic understanding of EPUB's features and limitations .
FWIW, this is precisely what I had in mind when I said I'd seen instances in which i felt the resident gurus/cognoscenti would be justifiably indignant and less-than-forthcoming with assistance. That is to say, "client" isn't an ipso facto dirty word. As you seem to be reasonably suggesting, it's the word "client" in conjunction with a grey-scale determination of the quality of the question that determines the righteousness of the request for help.

And, again, to be clear (and this is kind of in response to DD, too), I can't really get overly worked up about people withholding help, since there's no sense in mandating generosity, much less mandating excessive generosity. I do, however, wonder if it isn't a waste of one's time to chastise a guilty party. As I asked, what exactly does one achieve by calling out a moocher here (taking, in this case, that moocherdom/ism/ness/ation as a self-evident fact)?

Last edited by ElMiko; 12-14-2012 at 09:53 AM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote