View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #158
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Hi @Niluje

Knowing what we know now about the B011 touches system_diags file.

(the single char patch I had to make to my binary to prevent /usr/local/* being deleted every boot into DIAGS...) referenced here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=113

RE: [file referenced in DIAGS startup script as ../opt/factory/system_diags IIRC]
would you consider a binary patch for those devices to be within the purview of this hacks modifications.... (with backup?)

it is USBnetworking related. I thought.

Or would it be a separate hack? Or more properly rolled into something else?

Thanks mate. I really was an arse ache finding it and form what I remember I am not the only B011 international Touch device that fails the Diags/dropbear test OOTB IIRC.
Hey, I'd thought that with chattr -R +i /usr/local/ problem will be solved, isn't it? chattr is avaliable as /bin/chattr on main partition, so it should be enough to mount diag, install dropbear/sshd there and perform that command for /usr/local on diags (in process of installing USBNetworking hack).

Last edited by eureka; 10-23-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: add link to knc1's original suggestion of using chattr
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote