View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #350
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83m View Post
(Sorry, my English is "not good", I use google translate)

After a failed firmware, regained my Kindle4B by Kubrick.
But for some reason it is impossible to jailbrake. From the Kubrick menu, i choose the option "jailbrake", but jailbrake not work, because my Kindle is not installing third-party software (such as Coolreader, and i can not install russian language to device).

But when i try to jailbrake the usual way, which I used before (throw jailbrake files to internal memory Kindle and reboot device) device cant out of the "Diagnostic menu", because when i try to shut mode "disable diagnostics" appears: "pcbid does not match with DSN".

Tried many times, including in Kubrick did not choose the mode jailbrake, return the device to the "Factory reset" is still the same inscription: "pcbid does not match with DSN".

Help please.

This is caused by flashing a diags image from a different device that contains some reference to ids from that different device.
The good news is that with the latest jailbreak, you don't need to "Disable diagnostics" at all. It will be disabled by the jailbreak installer when it's finished.
Now you can enable "USB Device mode", copy the latest jailbreak and reboot Kindle (twice). The jailbreak will be (re)installed, diagnostics disabled and Kindle will reboot to main mode without human interaction.

Alternatively you can connect to Kindle via SSH and issue these commands to disable diagnostics:
Code:
rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
idme -d --bootmode main
sync
reboot
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote