View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #245
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
You heard about www.geexbox.org/ didn't you?

P. S. : welcome back red brat
Thanks for the welcome back! Won't be around a lot for now, but I'm trying to stop in occasionally. Yes, I heard about geexbox, and it doesn't really interest me. They went with XBMC and I'm not an XBMC fan. It's possible that down the road, a post-Eden release might have something that changes my mind, but for now I'm firmly attached to and quite happy with Windows Media Center. If I was going to build a Linux box, I'd probably go with Myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
anyone here avail of amazon instant video for tv series? is it worth it? i'm thinking about it but am a bit unsure. it sounds tempting though. it'll mean my days of being a pirate are soon over :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I watch a bunch of TV series on Netflix. But there, and also on Amazon it is mostly old stuff. Not alot of new things. Although, I did find the Sherlock series on Netflix which I think is very good indeed.

I think it may be on Amazon Prime too.

BOb
I've used Amazon (my roommate has a Prime acct, and I've signed on as him to try it) but I much prefer Netflix for streaming. For one thing, it lets me lower my bitrate while still providing decent quality. I have bandwidth caps to deal with, so this is important. For more current stuff they don't have yet, I use PlayOn with my Roku (assuming the network puts full episodes online, some don't).
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote