View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #1779
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I haven't had my e-reader long so not used to the pricing schemes for e-books, but I was surprised that most of the books I looked at were already cheaper at Kobo than elsewhere, even without a discount voucher.

I noticed is that some books are set at the same dollar price point for different countries even though their dollars are worth different amounts. A lot of the books I looked at buying were $US 7.99 at Kobo US (and Amazon US), but were $NZ 7.99 (= $US 6.65) at Kobo NZ. So even before vouchercodes40 I was saving 20% compared to the US price.

I wonder if these prices are normal, or is Kobo making some sort of marketing push in New Zealand? I saw some Televison advertising for Kobo e-readers here recently, never seen that for Sony or Kindle (the other main brands sold here).
Geoff I notice the same pricing schedule with the AUD prices - usually same as USD, although our dollar has been worth more than the USD for several years now (in the main).

However, on the odd occasion I find the AUD price is a bit lower.

Still, at least with Kobo I'm paying in AUD and there's no conversion rate when I'm using an AUD address. That in itself is a saving.

However, I still get charged by my government an overseas purchase tax - which I assume means that the transaction is taking place in Canada.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote