View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
You can read fiction in japanese? I'm jealous and impressed!
I have a looooooooong way to go to get there.
Many japanese books suffer horribly in the translation, the language structure and way of thinking generally being so different. Murakami and a few others fortunately seem to have outstanding translators.

Nooo. Again, I apologize.

I agree that many Japanese books can have horrible translations, according to professional translators.

Murakami has had two really excellent translators; and Murakami himself is a translator of Raymond Carver, one of my favorite Literary writers.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-15-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote