View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #6370
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Kobo's (and perhaps all Australian) receipts include the tax in the purchase price. Edit: If their receipts itemized the tax paid, like ours do, then I may be able to avoid the tax on tax situation. I probably should call the Division of Taxation to confirm.
While prices in Australia already include the GST all receipts in Australia MUST itemise the GST that has been paid.
For example if a book was $10 plus $1 GST the price would be listed as $11 but the receipt would show that the price was really $10 and the GST was $1.
I have just checked my recent Kobo receipts and for some reason they show $0.00 for the GST. Admittedly the books I purchased were pretty cheap (thanks to the 90% off code) but even on a 66 cent book I should have paid 6 cents GST.
I don't know why that happened as previous receipts (from last year) show the GST at the correct amount.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote