View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
konrad51
konrad51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Doitsu, I appreciate the quick response to my post. Some of my question was actually concerning why the redition of my epub-converted to-kf8 was so drastically different (to the point of not even displaying the drop cap) from v.2.31 to v.2.901 of the Kindle Previewer...(I am using the latest version of kindlegen, by the way).And also why only one font that I was using for drop caps actually was displayed in Kindle Previewer v.2.901 , when they all worked equally well in v.2.31.All my code passes epubcheck in Sigil and while I get some warnings in kindlegen, none concern anything to do with this problem and I get no errors. My workflow is set up to use Writer2epub in OpenOffice , Sigil and Kindle Previewer (kindlegen).The smallcap problem is not that much of an issue.I have checked the generated kf8 with the latest version of Kindle for PC and it appears to display fine. I really don't understand why, if everything checks out in epubcheck and kindlegen has no errors and an earlier version of Kindle Previewer displays the kf8 exactly as intended ,plus Kindle for PC works properly ,that Kindle Previewer v.2.901 fails to display in the same manner as everything else did. Do I have any other options other than to buy a Kindle Fire and try my kf8 there? Thanks .
konrad51 is offline   Reply With Quote