Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #427
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Hi David, and thanks for replying so promptly. I'm not very technically savvy, but I'll try!

1. I was putting the books on through the desktop app. I never have the Wifi turned on on the Touch.
Have you updated the desktop app to the latest version? It should do this automatically, but it hasn't for me the last couple of times. The latest version is 3.6.0.
Quote:
2. By sideloading, do you mean via Calibre? If so, yes, they do show in the library on the Touch.
Either using calibre or manually copying the book files onto the device. If calibre is connecting and able to send the books, it means the device database is OK.
Quote:
I don't store a lot of books on the Touch these days - it states I have 1208 MB of 1400 MB available. I don't know which model I have. I got it from Borders in the US before it was available in Australia, at the time I joined MR, so about July/August 2011.
At that age it will be an N905. But the model number should be on the end with the USB connector.
Quote:
Maybe it's just senility setting in. Most things seem to be designed to fail after a few years, which is a shame.
Thinking about it, it doesn't sound like failing memory. It sounds like there is something wrong with the desktop application. Making sure you have the latest version might be it. Or uninstalling and clearing the Kobo data from the PC might do it as well. If you can try another PC, that might work as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote