View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
HOLY CRAP! Kobo Glo is awesome!

I got one for my nephew last week, birthday present and all that. He's ten years old, my sister okay'ed the idea and had me set it up for him. What a nice a little device!

I don't know what half the problems with firmware are - stuff just installed and loaded up with no problem. Linux? Pffft, the unit pops up like an external drive and *BAM* - slam all your EPUBs to it like normal backup. Formatting errors? Yeah right, easily rectified in Calibre or the settings in the Glo itself.

And talk about easy to use! Light weight and tightly made; there weren't any creaks or obvious flaws in the casing. I was kind of scared after sending back two Auras, but Rakuten certainly delivered with the Glo.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote