View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #42
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Great move. The Nook HD+ in particular is some very nice hardware.

I'm already on a Nexus 7 at this point - but still...

B&N needed to do this, instead of trying to grab the whole closed marketplace scheme ala Apple or Amazon.

I've owned a Nook color (Which I put CM7 on about 6 months into ownership). We had two more with CM7 for a while before I upgraded my daughter to a Galaxy Tab 2. Overall they've been great hardware and very durable.

Being able to use the native Nook books that read to you AND the google store is a big win. Our last NC is due up for replacement - when my daughter turns 6 I'll likely get her a Nook HD for her birthday.

And the Nook interface is a lot better for kids to manage IMO over the stock Android interface.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote