View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I completely forgot about the mess hall incident during basic training. I was pulled from the line and put on the serving line. I don't know if it was the smell of the food (SOS perhaps?) or what, but I soon passed out and was taken outside to revive. But it was not nearly as severe as what you describe. I was only out for maybe a minute.

The only other time in my life I've ever passed out was in Vietnam, but that had nothing to do with the smell of army food. Some of the guys needed me to play basketball to make an even number of players on each team. I was feeling bad that day too, but the pharmacist (I was a medic) very helpfully supplied me with something to make me feel well enough to play. After a few minutes I was feeling faint, so I sat down and put my head between my legs, then went crashing face first into the concrete.
B12?

I've only passed out twice since (other than from concussions) once was the day after my Grandmother passed (I had taken care of her), I was at a Highland festival that my daughter and I were competing in. when they did a lament and read off the names of those deceased in the last year, my legs just buckled and I was gone... the second was an end of year ski school party, someone passed some BC Bud, I was in a f*ck it sort of mood so indulged. I didn't quite pass oout, I remained upright, and the house very slowly spun 90 degrees and I took a peaceful little sojourn elsewhere hadn't indulged in over 20 years and that was NOT what I was expecting!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote