View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by agari View Post
So far the Gen3 is very encouraging. Just need to shell out the extra 100 CHF. (I wonder if there are any serious objections?)
The pan-and-zoom I suspect is what the PRS-505 can't compete with.... though I'll double-check when I get home today, and let you know.

The best way to read larger stuff on the Sony Reader is to read it landscape, with half the page showing at any given time (top half or bottom half). Meaning you can view approximately 12 cm x 16 cm pages at 100% (depending on which half of the page is showing, the top or the bottom 0.5 or 1 cm of the page is shaded to show that it is an area of overlap that will show more clearly on the other half of the current page).

Oh!!!

One more thing. Cybook Gen3 has 4 gray levels, whereas the Sony Reader has 8. Might this leave you with contrast issues? Are the scanned PDFs 2 colour black-and-white PDFs, or are they colour or grayscale ones? If the latter, you might benefit from (or downright need) the additional gray level's ability to enhance sharpness/contrast (and reducing the need for dithering).

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote