View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #97
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
My pics were meant to be a little contribution to show how readibility can be a real hassle with standard lighting, when you have the wrong screen.

Asus dr900's display is 9" and 1024×768. I warn you to stay away from it, but since you love half-baked readers, you may like it.
I'll just need to say that in 12 months its price dropped from 300 euros to 200.

It could surprise you, but there's a big difference in displaying full page pdfs with 9,7" and 9". When you read pdf with complex layout, 9,7" size can reach the minimum acceptable font size for reading, while 9" stays too small.

Still, with some pdf you'll need a good reflow even on 9,7". For my needs, it's a core feature, it comes just after readibility. If you don't read pdf or cbz, you will hardly need a 9,7".

I also found the screen of the Asus terrible.
I also agree that 9.7" is the minimal requirement for most PDFs, unless you want to read in landscape mode all the time. Something like 12" displays will have to be introduced - I hope shortly.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote