View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #28
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah it seems that hacker group has been wreaking havoc and alot of amazon accounts have been compromised by it.

First thing to do is remove any payment info link to your account. Go buy a gift card or a cheap debit card and leave a small amount on it for buying books if you do not want enter your CC info each time then remove it. Change your passwords just to be safe and use upper, lower letters and numbers in it.

It isn't safe right now for anyone it seems. Paypal has also taken a hit. It makes me nervous. I also suggest don't use Facebook connect, Gmail or any of those merge accounts log in sites. If you can remove the accounts from each other. It makes the trail harder to follow.

Keep your accounts separate. Use different email addresses for different things. Never use your personal email linked to your shopping accounts for forums and other free services like Facebook. Use different passwords for each site if you can or a group of passwords for each type of site if you can't remember them all.

Clean out your webmail specially if you use gmail. Log in occasionally and clean out the mail it archives that shows where your accounts may be. I had my gmail hacked once so I do this alot.

I think right now this applies to all of us. No one is safe with info being posted right and left. So change your passwords!

Think of your online identity as a trail and make it hard for someone who may get one type of your info to follow the other.
This is very good advice. I have a horrible habit of using the same PW for everything...I changed that today.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote