View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
It indeed was a "funny display thing" with Sigil. I don't know exactly what "fixed" it, but text went back to normal display while I was playing with something that seemed unrelated in the CSS (an element unrelated to those I posted). I just hope that it really isn't a problem with the ePub—I would hate to see the text appears all in smallcaps on certain e-readers.

That said, since JSWolf cleaned my CSS, I have a couple questions on the subject. First, I see that "line-height" attribute was removed: is it because this element isn't really used by e-readers? I was thinking of removing it but wasn't sure.

I see that "font-size: normal" and "font-variant: normal" (I let that one there thinking that it could help avoid smallcaps) were removed. And the font-size of the <h1> element declared with "x-large" value instead of em: why is it better to do this?

Also is there an advantage to declaring the 4 margins separately instead of all on same line?

And, last question about css, why declaring the margins in pixels instead of em?

Now that I'm getting "better" with my InDesign/ePub workflow, I guess I'll spend a couple of hours watching the CSS training on Lynda.com.

Thanks a lot for your help and advices.
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote