View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You've got me curious to find the source of that quote now. I can't find it in Wikiquote under Twain or Marx, although it sounds like something either might have said, and the page I read in The Essential Groucho didn't mention a time, place, or original writing by Marx in which the quote was found, but it does state the following in the Introduction on page xv:

His line, "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" adorns the Vancouver, British Columbia library, complete with credit chiseled in stone.

So who's right? The Amazon.com mousepad, or the Vancouver, British Columbia library? Goodreads (Groucho), or Goodreads (Twain)?
Are there any MobileRead readers within striking distance of Vancouver BC library to take a photograph for us as evidence?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote