View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
In a similar vein, I'm attempting to open a library book with Reader and it gives an error. I used ADE to fulfill the .acsm file, then emailed it to PE and saved it to Library. Did not work. I've also tried transferring it with Dropbox. Meanwhile, non-library, Adobe DRM ePub/PDF open just fine using either method.

Another failure was attempting to move a book that Overdrive has in its storage to the Library (or attempt to open with Reader directly). 'There was an error encountered...' , '...could not be opened' - not so helpful.

At first I thought it had to do with my ADE account/password - had to change my password recently. But no, it works with other books.

I don't have my USB cable handy so I cannot try moving with ADE. Is that going to work, and if so, why?

At least it works with the other things in my Adobe DRM collection. In particular, PDFs. Prior to this, I could read them with Bluefire on my iPod, which is not very pleasant, or with ADE on my laptop, also not comfortable. With reflow, it's much better on PE, and it is super how Reader comes up with a navigable TOC on the LCD screen. Does Reader support PDF links? (haven't encountered any yet so haven't had a chance to try yet).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote