View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #29
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Installed on PW - SUCCESS

I installed this today on my PW. Works great. Except of course the menu-items. Deleted all cp cmds in mount.sh and unmount.sh.

This is what I did (in that order):

1) I READ ALL POSTS FIRST in this thread

2) grab file in post #20

3) edit /mnt/us/extend/mount.sh and unmount.sh to remove the cp commands for .json (won't work on pw)

4) delete /mnt/us/extensions - no use on PW

5) do post #10. I did that right on the PW with
Code:
# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=100 >> /mnt/us/extend/optware.img
# resize2fs /mnt/us/extend/optware.img
100mb more should be fine.

6) now it is time to mount this with:
Code:
# /mnt/us/extend/mount.sh
7) grab file from post #24 and copy to where it needs to go

8) then I did:
Code:
# ipkg update
# ipkg upgrade
# ipkg install vim
Yay, syntax highlighting on demand in vi - essential.

And then the last thing I did was edit /etc/motd to add me a reminder that I should run /mnt/us/extend/mount.sh. No need for me to mount at boottime, only needed when actually logging in.

That should be all. This is now also supporting the PW.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-06-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: modfied steps slightly
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote