Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle PW1 Frozen: Restart doesn't work
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #14
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
It's not clear to me that you tried to actually turn the device off by pressing the reset button for a good 30 seconds or more. (You said "several" seconds, it takes more than that).

This kind of problem can occur when the device runs short of space to create its index. (It happened to me), especially when I had subscriptions on it. If you can get it turned off, plug the usb into the pc and try turning it on. That'll open a window for the device on the pc and you can delete books to free up some space for the index to continue.

Of course, if you took out the battery you DID turn it off BUT if you then restarted it without going into USB mode to clear some free space, you just ran into the same problem when it restarted.

The Kindle gets REALLY wonky when it has less than about 150 mb free on it. It also can do so when there's a bad file that it's trying to index so ... if you CAN get it turned back on in USB mode ... I'd try deleting all your books and start again from scratch, again via the PC.

At least, that whole process worked for me when I had this problem.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote