View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #23
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
To the OP... glad you are getting it, and enjoy
Thanks. I am not normally a "be the first on the block to get something" kind of guy. I didn't get the first iphone, I got the second. My laptop is 3 years old and so are my cameras (where my serious toy money is spent).

The iPad happened to be announced right before my birthday, and with a price point I was frankly shocked by. It's withing my "one toy every now an then" price range.

Quote:
Forgive the folks here who have to mock, call names and condemn because of your choice. Narrow little minds are that way. I am more interested in the potential of the MS Courier at this point, but who knows... an iPad could be in my future too....
Fanboys and haters....two sides of the same coin. A pox on both their houses.

The courier looks interesting. I like technology, I like gadgets. Even when I don't buy one, I'm typically at least interested. I don't want a netbook, but I think they're cool and wouldn't dream of denigrating someone who wanted one.

I want the 10" screen for sharing photos. The "two smaller screens" of the Courier kinda takes it out of my main reason for getting the iPad. Still, for reading books, it's like having a book opened. But no, even that doesn't make sense to me. It's no big deal to turn the page. I'm not sure what those two screens will be good for that one larger screen wouldn't be better for. But I'll be interested to hear from you when you get yours

Quote:
And, as someone else said, I'm actually enjoying reading on my netbook... it's actually better than I thought (for me)....
I like reading on my iPhone -- I can see that reading on a netbook would be better than my large, heavy, hot laptop.

Quote:
edit: A great iPad forum that you can discuss the device in, without endless abuse is http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php
That is a good site. Frankly, though, I like conversations with more than one pov. I'm not upset that everyone doesn't share my opinions.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote