View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
How Do You Store your *REAL* books?

I'll be moving again soon and I'm facing a severe drop in square footage as I move from the boonies of college town to the city. And my books (and dvd's for that matter, but they are much more manageable!) are staring me in the face as far as problems go.

Currently I have about 750 real books. 4 big shelves and 2 little ones. Mostly these books are the large paperback type of books and hardbacks. I have no idea where I'm going to put them.

To make matters somewhat worse.. I actually really prefer a very sparse aesthetic, so ideally I'd like to have the books not on shelves at all but still accessible (well, about one shelf would be fine - things I'm actively using). I'm going to be living in an apartment though... so construction is pretty much not an option - I have to try to find a reasonable (in terms of price) solution working with that criteria.

About 170 I can safely box up and put in storage as I have access to them as ebooks or have them as ebooks (classics, things I've bought twice, etc). So I'm left with about 600 books that need homes!

As I know many of you are bibliophiles that put me to shame - what do YOU do? How would you suggest I solve my problem?
----
Underbed bins are too short for most my books, btw... but I like the idea. I just need to find some that are drawers and tall enough to accommodate most my books.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote