View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #34
vaniaspeedy
Connoisseur
vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4 Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonli.job View Post
First, I would like to thanks Dirk2718 and vaniaspeedy, you guys are really good at programming. I really appreciate your work. Keep on the good work!
Thanks, it's always nice to see that our work is useful to others!

Quote:
1)I'm not sure if the Toggle function is like a sub-folder function in windows explorer, that allows us to show/hide some documents?
If you look at the source you'll see that all this script does is move your books from /documents into /.hidden. Since the scope of the kindle is limited to the documents folder, this allows us to make them "disappear" on the device. By prefixing a dot in front of "hidden", this also hides the folder on your PC (for most standard users).

Quote:
2)I have met some problems on the debug files (and the original, too). It makes my Kindle restart when I click on it. (should I create a new debug file, or change the .sh file?)
The debug files should not be appearing on your device. You don't need to do anything with them, feel free to delete them. However, do not touch the files in the extensions folder.

Quote:
I'm not sure how it works, should I edit the config file in profile 1? I add some file name from the books, but fail to hide it. (i.e. nothing change)
In the config file for profile 1, just add the names of the directories containing the books you wish to hide, and then try the toggle.

If you have any difficulties let me know, I'll do my best to help!
vaniaspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote