View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I use LogMeIn Ignition on the iPad to occasionally access both my Mac and my Windows machine at work. It is fast, works well, but...it really brings home (to me at least) how different the touch interface is from the mouse/keyboard interface...dragging that little mouse around with your finger then tapping it to click just gets old quickly

We use LogMeIn on all our PCs/Macs, so its mostly just familiarity as to the reason I went with it on the iPad.
thanks a bunch for that feedback!! I was wondering if the transition from touch to a keyboard & mouse app was going to be weird. Sounds like that might really be the case. Darn. And of course there would be data entry I need as well but the virtual keyboard Still I think it would be OK since data entry would be small fields and some brief notes via the iPad with the final data entry done on the Windows box.

I have a question about the mouse vs. touch input. Based on your note about the "drag & tap" can I assume the VNC client doesn't translate a tap on the iPad into a mouse & click in the client app at the location you tap? If it doesn't do this I could really see it getting old fast.

Last edited by grumpy3b; 04-05-2011 at 04:06 PM.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote